Recipe by Kristy D.
I had the best quesadillas at a restaurant in Vermont while on vacation and I wanted to duplicate them myself. This is what I cam up with and I think it's pretty close. It is a great way to use up all those zucchini. I bake my quesadillas in the oven, but feel free to make them any way you like. Make sure that you serve with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream for the full experience. Enjoy!
- 4 flour tortillas (Burrito Size)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 zucchini (small to medium sized)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through and then slice into small pieces.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and sautee onions, garlic, and zucchini until the zucchini becomes tender. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- On a pizza pan, lay one tortilla down and top with chicken, veggies, and half the cheese.
- Put the other tortilla on top and bake for about 10 minutes or until the tortilla is browned and crispy.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream.