I sometimes turn the recipe into a main course by using egg roll wrappers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2/3 cup crouton, crushed
- sweet and sour sauce (optional)
- 1In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives and lemon-pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and mushrooms.
- 2Place a rounded teaspoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3Melt remaining butter; brush over wontons. Coat with croutons. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Transfer to a large freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4To use frozen wontons: Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Turn; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wonton Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 867.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 24.4 g