Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I sometimes turn the recipe into a main course by using egg roll wrappers.
Make and share this Chicken Wonton Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2⁄3 cup crouton, crushed
- sweet and sour sauce (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, chives and lemon-pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and mushrooms.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over wontons. Coat with croutons. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Transfer to a large freezer bag; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen wontons: Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Turn; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired.
We had these for dinner tonight! I'm making them again for Super Bowl Sunday! I used egg roll wrappers for dinner and will use wonton wrappers for appy's. I had a rotisserie chicken on hand and used that. I didn't have any croutons so baked the same amount of Panko bread crumbs to them crunchier. Really delicious! Thanks so much for posting looneytunesfan!