Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is lovely with chicken or pork. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
Make and share this Chicken With White Wine and Mushroom Reduction recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken breasts in quarters, roughly 2 inch squares. Tenderize each piece between wax paper.
- Mix flour, dry mustard, sea salt and fresh ground pepper in a pie plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet or electric frying pan to med-high.
- Fry mushroom slices in 15 ml olive oil until lightly browned, remove from pan to a plate.
- Saute onion slices until translucent, also remove from pan to same plate as mushrooms.
- Add another 15 ml olive oil to pan, brown both sides of chicken. Remove from pan to a plate.
- De-glaze pan with white wine, stirring constantly and removing all bits from bottom of pan.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup and stir well until all lumps are gone.
- Return mushrooms, onions and chicken tenders to sauce, stir well.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, increase heat to medium, bring to a low boil until sauce reduces to desired consistency, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is so good. This is a recipe my son liked a lot. Even the veggies. He wanted more chicken than what I gave him. Nothing to change here. But I added a little bit more wine. I served it with potatoes and a salad on the side. Thanks Just_Ducky :) Made for ZWT9
Excellent! I decided to serve this with egg noodles, since there was a lot of they yummy sauce. The chicken is cooked perfectly and the sauce is delicious. I love the mushroom and onion additions. Thank you!
Very good recipe; easy, tasty. Will add a little more wine next time.