Recipe by Barb G.
This very easy to make dish, combines the sweetness of tomatoes and the briny essence of capers. I found the recipe but changed it to our liking. I make this sometimes for 10 to 12 people. Very easy as it can be made a head . I usally serve it with Rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground tarragon
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle Chicken with Salt& Pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute over medinm-high heat, turning often to lightly brown.
- Put chicken into baking pan.
- Saute onions and garlic, add tomatoes, tarragon,vinegar,capers& wine.
- Pour over chicken and Bake in 350 degress oven for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on size of chicken breast.