Recipe by Delish
This is a simple and delicious chicken meal served over hot cooked noodles. I always try to cut back the fat and calories on recipes where I can and it tastes just as good. Feel free to use the full fat versions.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces hot cooked linguine or 16 ounces pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until tender.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended.
- Gradually add tomatoes, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat through.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked noodles.