Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website.
Make and share this Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- flour, for dredging
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Lay the chicken between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten each cutlet with the flat end of a mallet until thin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet until hot. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
- Sauté the chicken over high heat, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm platter and keep warm.
- Quickly add the chicken broth to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the broth has reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and capers.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Very savory...although i added a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and added it to the chicken stock while it was cooking with sundried tomatoes. It thickened it up nicely to make a gravy-like sauce (rather than watery) to pour over the chicken.