Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website.
Make and share this Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- flour, for dredging
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Lay the chicken between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten each cutlet with the flat end of a mallet until thin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet until hot. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
- Sauté the chicken over high heat, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm platter and keep warm.
- Quickly add the chicken broth to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the broth has reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and capers.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Very savory...although i added a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and added it to the chicken stock while it was cooking with sundried tomatoes. It thickened it up nicely to make a gravy-like sauce (rather than watery) to pour over the chicken.