Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent for a weeknight dinner. This recipe has so much taste you would never guess it had so few ingredients. Trust me, if you love sundried tomatoes, you will LOVE this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, tenders removed
- 1⁄2 cup canned fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup bottled sundried tomato sauce (Classico Creations makes this, found near the pasta sauces)
- serve with a side dish pasta, of your choice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Put flour and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in a plastic food bag.
- Add chicken, close bag and shake to coat.
- Cook in skillet, turning once, 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add broth and tomato spread.
- Cook until hot, spoon over chicken.
Excellent and easy. Great weekday meal. I have made this 4 or 5 times. I use 2 packs of chicken breast and 1/4 the breasts; use a whole jar of classico sun-dried tomatoe sauce w/1 c of broth. Serve with Linguine; salad and garlic bread on the side. My DH LOVES this meal. It really is amazing how easy it is. Val is right, no no one would ever guess.
I used sun-dried tomato pesto rather than sauce as that's what I had and it was terrific. Dh is still raving about the chicken. I skipped the flour and oil and didn't miss it a bit. Lots of flavor, next to no effort.