1/1 Photo of Chicken With Smashed Baby Red Potatoes Pot Pie Style
This is an easy way to make a chicken potpie-like dish minus the crust. Sauteed chicken breast is served over smashed baby red potatoes and is then covered with a cream sauce with carrots and peas added to it. Bake some biscuits to go along with this dish and you have comfort food to please everyone in your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick thin carrots (about half of a 10 oz bag)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Cook potatoes in water for about 12 minutes or until tender.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, add chicken and cook for 6 minutes.
- 4Turn chicken over, reduce heat, cover and cook for 8 minutes more.
- 5Transfer chicken to plate to keep warm.
- 6To same skillet, add carrots, broth, cream and dried tarragon, cover and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 7Remove skillet from heat and stir in peas.
- 8Coarsely mash potatoes with margarine and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Spoon potatoes onto serving dish, top with chicken and pour vegetable cream sauce mixture over.
- 10Note: If sauce is not thick enough, mix together a tablespoon or so of flour with a little water and stir into sauce before adding peas and allow to cook for a few minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Smashed Baby Red Potatoes Pot Pie Style
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.1
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 208.1 mg
- Sodium 786.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 69.1 g