Recipe by Fairy Godmother
Made this for a function I catered. It was a big hit. You can use sweet or sour cherries, I used sour.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cherry juice (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cherry (pit and chop)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sage (fresh chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter over medium heat add chicken, cover and cook 6 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, add garlic and shallots, cover and cook 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add juice, cherries, sugar and sage to pan.
- Simmer 8 minutes to thicken, serve over chicken.