Recipe by annconnolly
The herbes de Provence used in this recipe is typically found in the cooking of Southern France. They can be purchased at specialty foods stores and some supermarkets in the States.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (pinot gris works well)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add cream, wine, garlic and herbes de Provence. Cover and simmer until chicken is.
- tender and cooked through, turning once, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Boil cooking liquid in skillet until reduced to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Season generously with pepper. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with chives and serve.