1/2 Photos of Chicken With Roasted Lemons, Green Olives, and Capers
1 hr 15 mins
In Der Küche's Note:
I am not sure where I found this recipe, but I've made a a billion times now. It's not really one you can ever get tired of! I like to serve this with Zee Merchant's Spinach Rice - http://www.food.com/recipe/spinach-rice-37570
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lemons, washed
- 4 chicken breasts, large, skinless, boneless
- 1/2 cup flour, all purpose (Or more as needed. Can substitute non-gluten flour just fine.)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced and pitted (Sicilian or other brine-cured green olives)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained (If you are a caper freak, adding more doesn't throw off any balance)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (homemade, or canned broth works fine)
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick, cut into 4 pieces (1/4 cup Benecol or Smart Balance work just fine for this.)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1For roasted lemons: Preheat oven to 325°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange lemon slices in single layer on prepared sheet. Brush lemon slices with olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast until slightly dry and beginning to brown around edges, about 25 minutes. (Lemons can be made 1 day ahead. Transfer to container. Cover; chill.)
- 2For chicken: Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 3Heat 5 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Stir in olives and capers. Add stock and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- 6Boil until liquid is reduced to syrup consistency, turning chicken over after 3 minutes, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add butter, roasted lemon slices, and 2 tablespoons parsley; simmer until butter melts and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer to platter.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley before serving,.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Roasted Lemons, Green Olives, and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.3
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 713.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 34.9 g