Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was found in the Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Simple and Delicious magazine. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the flavor combinations, but it ended up being so good! This recipe is easy and impressive. Hope you give it a try!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the red peppers and Italian seasoning; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese.
Oh my gosh! What a great weeknight recipe. It's so simple and delicious. The feta complements the red pepper sauce so niely. Thanks so much for posting. A definite keeper!!!