Munchkin Mama's Note:
This is a gorgeous dish that is super simple and tastes delicious. If you want an impressive-looking dish, try this. I used to work at a great little health spa/resort where this was served regularly. I hope you enjoy it! (Note: You can use bottled Parmesan Cheese Dressing in place of the mixture here if you can find it.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large purple onions
- 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh or dried- for color)
Dressing (use parmesan cheese dressing)
- 1Combine dressing ingredients and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Peel onions. Cut into six 1/2" thick slices and place on an ungreased baking sheet. (You want to cut them in the same direction that do when you trim off the ends so that you see the rings of the onions.) (Hope that makes sense). Save onion scraps for another use if desired.
- 3Trim chicken of any visible fat and place in a single layer on onion slices, trimming and filling in as needed on each onion slice. (It's okay if the chicken hangs over the onion slightly).
- 4Drizzle about 1 tablespoon dressing mixture over each serving.
- 5Generously sprinkle on parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper to taste. Top with parsley. Bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Purple Onions
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 842.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 52.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar