Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A marvelous chicken dish sauteed with tomato, rosemary and white wine. Recipe from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Chicken With Prosciutto, Rosemary and White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bone in chicken breast halves, cut in half crosswise
- 3 chicken legs
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1 cup prosciutto, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Add prosciutto, garlic and rosemary to same pan and stir for one minute.
- Add wine, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot, arranging in single layer.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Boil sauce until reduced and it coats back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Delicious and not too complicated. I used 3 boneless half-breasts and they came out really juicy and tender. I served this dish over fresh hand-made linguine and it was really tasty. The proscuitto adds salt, so go easy on adding any extra. I think next time I am going to try this with a cheese-based sauce (but prepared the same way) instead of the wine-tomato sauce. Once again, a great recipe; thank you!
Thanks for a good recipe marie. It was easy to follow and worked well. I preferred the thighs and legs to the breasts-but that's just me, I find breast meat too dry. I loved the prosciutto diced, as we've only ever bought it in thin slices. It really made the sauce. We ate this with baked potatoes, but I think it would be nicer over pasta next time.