Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified this recipe from one I found in "Food and Wine" magazine by Mario Batali. It is not Italian, by the way, but Spanish. His recipe called for far larger portions of chicken, but I am trying to eat less meat and more vegetables.
- Rub the garlic all over the chicken, then season with salt; cover and refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil, over medium high heat; scrape the garlic from the chicken pieces, then brown them on both sides for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter while you prepare the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until very tender, about 10 minutes; add the peppers and white wine, simmering and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Return the chicken, and any accumulated juices, to the skillet, cover partially, and continue to cook, over low heat, until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes; transfer the chicken to a clean serving platter, spooning the sauce on top to serve.