Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a garage sale cookbook that had no cover and missing pages. It is suggested to serve with bread to mop up the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up into 6 serving size pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- In a casserole, heat butter and oil and brown the chicken; season.
- In remaining fat, cook onion until translucent.
- Add flour to casserole. stirring.
- Combine bouillon, wine and water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Add to onion mixture and cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Replace chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for l hour or until chicken is tender.