Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Hungarian American Cookbook by Rosa Green 1938, from Goldie at Hope Lodge. It has a two hour cooking time. Please remember chickens were tougher back then so maybe add mushrooms first hour and don't cook for 2 hours. Haven't tried it yet.
- 4 lbs chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken into pieces and rub with salt.
- Melt butter in heavy fry pan; add onion and chicken and fry until brown.
- Cover and cook slowly for one hour.
- Add sliced mushrooms to chicken and cook one hour longer.
- Mix in sour cream and serve.