Hands down, my recipe is as good as true roux minus the flour and butter. This dish IS absolutely delish, not hard to make at all, inexpensive and nutritious too! Enjoy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 473.18 ml celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 236.59 ml nonfat yogurt (plain)
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 226.79 g mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 4.92 ml curry (hot)
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 297.66 g 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup (one can)
- 375.63 g whole wheat linguine
- Tenderize and marinade chicken overnight in oyster sauce. Cook linguine but do not drain keeping it hot in it's cooking water. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In a non-stick pan heat garlic, carrots and celery in olive oil until tender. Add chicken and toss as a stir fry until done. Add soup, yogurt and spices. Slowly stir in the milk keeping a creamy consistency. Drain Linguine and add to the roux coating completely. Gently toss in the mushrooms, cover and heat through. Serve immediately. Add additional salt if desired to taste. Enjoy!