Recipe by MsRobbyn
We love lime and I use it in a lot of things instead of lemon. It adds a unique and delicious flavor. Use more of less poppyseeds as you desire. Serve with steamed broccoli and a salad.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds (halved)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into cubes. (I use a pair of shears, it's much quicker and very easy).
- In a ziploc bag, place all of the dry ingredients, including the lime zest and 1/2 of the poppy seeds.
- Place the chicken cubes into the ziploc, seal and give it a good shake to coat all the chicken evenly.
- In a frying pan pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat the pan and heat until a pinch of the flour mixture sizzles when dropped inches.
- Fry the chicken cubes until golden brown, only a couple of minutes on each side. Sprinkle the remaining poppy seeds onto the chicken and just stir gently to coat.
- If you have an oven proof skillet, just cover it and place it in the over. Or, transfer all of the chicken to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Return to the frying pan and add the lime juice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let it reduce to 1/2 before serving. After 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, use a fork to break up the inside of the lime and allow it to drip onto the chicken just before plating.