Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in Fast, Easy, Fresh by Barbara Fairchild. She says that this is like chicken tikka masala. I hope it is, since I haven't tried it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine chicken, lemon juice, and turmeric in medium bowl. Toss to coat. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and cumin seems; saute until most of marinade evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken with marinade; saute until most of marinade evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice and chili powder.
- Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sour cream.