Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty chicken dish, I found this in a cookbook I got from the library. Preparation time does not include the marinating.
- 2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 g seedless grapes, halved
- 100 g apricots, halved and stoned (can use dried)
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 100 ml white wine
- For the marinade- In a large bowl mix together the honey, ginger, cinnamon, pepper and wine, and stir.
- Rub all over the chicken pieces, cover and leave in fridge overnight.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (one with a lid) and saute onion until golden.
- Add the chicken and brown all the pieces evenly.
- Add the chicken marinade and the cinnamon stick and simmer 40 minutes, reducing the liquid by half.
- Add the grapes and apricots, simmer with the lid on for a further 5-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve hot.