Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this was taken from redbook magazine october 2007. I made it and i fell in love with it,. it is abolutely delicious. its a very different recipe but its great for occasions it goes really good with mashed potatoes and cooked broccoli or even asparagus on the side :)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 golden delicious apple (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake 20-25 minutes in a 400°F oven until cooked through.
- Boil the garlic cloves in a pan of hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, add garlic, apple, cider & mustard and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in the heavy cream and using a fork mash the garlic around. Toss in the cooked chicken after it's done. Simmer 5 more minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top.