Top Review by kswalter
This is an awesome recipe that was loved by everyone in my family. I think they would eat it everyday. Make more sauce than it calls for, we were dipping broccolli in the sauce. Thanks for sharing!!
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Pour vinegar over chicken and sprinkle with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place garlic cloves in dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Remove garlic from dish and peel.
- Place garlic in a bowl and mash into a paste.
- Add buttermilk and next 6 ingredients; stir with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Cut each breast half diagonally across the grain into slices.
- Arrange 1 slice breast meat on each of 6 plates; spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce over chicken.