Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make everyone at your table happy.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh broccoli or 2 cups frozen broccoli, cut in pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked quick-cooking white rice
- Remove skin from chicken, if desired.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt margarine.
- Brown chicken 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove;set aside.
- Pour off fat.
- In same skillet, combine soup, milk and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots.
- Cover; cook 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover; remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff mixture with fork before serving.
This was a very easy recipe to make, but it wasn't very flavorful. Next time I will add a chopped onion for more flavor.