Recipe by Sarah R.
Top Review by soonermama
I made this today in anticipation of Thanksgiving, and the whole gang loved the results! Some chose to cover their chicken in cranberry sauce, some chose to dip - it didn't matter... everyone left the table with happy tummies! Thanks for a great recipe, Sarah!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup domino or c&h granulated pure unbleached cane sugar
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Stir syrup into cranberry mixture; serve with chicken.