Recipe by English_Rose
An exceptionally easy and very tasty dish combining two sorts of tomatoes for extra piquant flavour.
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 cups low-fat creme fraiche
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 ounces brown rice
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- First of all set a saucepan of boiling water, add a dash of lemon juice and olive oil. Add the rice and then add a few strands of saffron to impart an added delicate flavour.
- Next, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan.
- Carefully place the chicken in the pan and cook on a medium heat until chicken in browned on all sides (approx 2 mins). Stir in the garlic and the pesto and cook for another minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and cook until they start to soften (approx 3 minutes), stirring continuously.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked through, add the crème fraîche or yoghurt and stir through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir for another couple of minutes until the temperature has risen again, the sauce in simmering and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve immediately with rice.