Recipe by vintagenovelty
This is my mum's old recipe; It's really interesting that the same (or extremely similar) recipe was published in my local magazine! Marinating time not included in preparation time.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken with the oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and fry each side of the chicken until cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry the garlic until fragrant, then add the barbeque sauce, worchestershire sauce, brewed coffee and brown sugar. Allow it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and coat evenly with the sauce. Allow it to caramalize and cover the chiken pieces.
- Serve immediately.