Recipe by Annacia
Tired of the same old chicken? Dress it up with this quick-and-easy chutney, made from a dash of ginger, tart dried cherries, and fresh apple slices. 30 min start to finish!
Top Review by 2Bleu
This definitely has the WOW factor. Very flavorful and simple to prepare. We baked two chicken leg quarters with the salt, pepper, ground ginger, and cinnamon spices. Then made the chutney using dried mixed fruit. Thanks Annacia, for another wonderful recipe.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced across fruit and seeded
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the ginger and cinnamon.
- In skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 12 minutes (chicken is no longer pink).
- Transfer to serving platter; cover, keep warm.
- Add fruit and nuts to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- For sauce:.
- Stir together brown sugar,1 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and remaining ginger.
- Add to skillet; cook and stir 30 seconds. Serves 4.