1/1 Photo of Chicken With Cherry-Ginger Chutney
Tired of the same old chicken? Dress it up with this quick-and-easy chutney, made from a dash of ginger, tart dried cherries, and fresh apple slices. 30 min start to finish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced across fruit and seeded
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the ginger and cinnamon.
- 2In skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 12 minutes (chicken is no longer pink).
- 3Transfer to serving platter; cover, keep warm.
- 4Add fruit and nuts to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- 5For sauce:.
- 6Stir together brown sugar,1 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and remaining ginger.
- 7Add to skillet; cook and stir 30 seconds. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Cherry-Ginger Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g