Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Years ago my father had an American penfriend who gave us this recipe. Both men are gone now but the recipe remains a favourite.
- 8 good sized chicken pieces
- 10 ounces tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar (I use the lesser amount)
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Place chicken pieces in a medium casserole.
- Mix sauce, brown sugar and juice from the cherries until smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 1 hour or until tender. Tip cherries over top about 1/2 hour before chicken is ready.
- Thicken with cornflour and serve over rice.
I absolutely could not imagine the taste of ketchup & cherries together, but my curiousity got the upper hand, & I just had to try the recipe! So glad I did, 'cause the recipe is so easy to prepare (I did use 4 large chicken breast halves) & the taste is very satisfying ~ Deinitely a keeper recipe here, & it nicely expands my variety of chicken recipes! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]