Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on about.com and tucked it away here for safe-keeping. It's originally called: Poulet au Choufleur. My family is from France, so I'm always on the lookout for a good French-inspired dish. NOTE: Marinate the chicken at least one hour or overnight.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup nicoise olive, cut in half and pitted
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, germ removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the marinade: mix the honey, shallot, olive oil, lemon juice, olives and garlic together.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning to completely coat. Marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Place the cauliflower florets around the chicken and spoon over the marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375F and roast for another 25-35 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- To serve:.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Add some of the cauliflower and spoon over the sauce. Serve.