Recipe by noway
Adapted from Barnes and Noble Pasta and Italian cookbook. Prep time does not include time to marinate, which should be as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 shallots, whole
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a few slashed on the skin of the chicken using a sharp knife. Brush the chicken with the crushed garlic and place in a non-metallic dish.
- Pour the wine and white wine vinegar over the chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and marinate as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, draining well. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Add the shallots (whole) and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning, until browned all over.
- Reduce the heat and add 1/2 of the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, add more marinade when necessary.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and thyme and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve with polenta or rice (optional).