1/4 Photos of Chicken With Balsamic BBQ Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
These are actually 2 recipes, one for the chicken and the other for the wonderful BBQ sauce that can also be used on ribs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BALSAMIC BBQ SAUCE
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 pieces chicken (any combination of breast or leg-and-thigh pieces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1FOR THE BALSAMIC BBQ SAUCE:.
- 2Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- 3Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4FOR THE CHICKEN:.
- 5Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken pieces.
- 6Lightly coat both sides with some of the BBQ sauce using a pastry brush.
- 7Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 8Place the remaining BBQ sauce, still in the small saucepan, over low heat, and allow to gently simmer while the meat cooks.
- 9Place the chicken skin side up in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- 10Remove the baking dish from the oven and spoon the BBQ sauce all over the top of the chicken without turning the chicken.
- 11Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 12NOTE: This sauce can also be used on ribs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Balsamic BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1766.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g