Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and elegant, this dish from Bob Greene is healthy but also perfect for entertaining.
Make and share this Chicken With Artichokes and Melted Lemons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (four pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (the juice of one lemon)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers (with juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium high heat, and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken breasts and sear them until browned. Turn the chicken, and brown them on the other side. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate and increase the heat to high. Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits into the sauce.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the lemon slices to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, and place the chicken breasts on top of the lemon slices. Add the capers, cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and add the drained artichoke hearts. Cover and continue cooking for five minutes, or until the breasts are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a warm plate. Increase the temperature and reduce the sauce to a glaze. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Just a little salt will reduce the acidity of the lemons, capers and artichokes and balance the flavors. Serve the chicken with the artichoke hearts, capers and melted lemons drizzled with the glaze.
This was devine as we LOVE artichokes! The only change I would make is to use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice versus 3...just a personal preference. Served it with rice and a ceasar salad. Will make this again! Thanks for the great recipe!
I made this as directed and LOVED it! I really enjoy anything lemon, so it was perfect for me! Also love artichokes - so this dish is right up my alley! Will make this again! Thanks for posting! **Made for March 2008 Aussie Recipe Swap**
I love this recipe! I am a huge fan of lemons and the taste of this dish was perfect for me. DH complained about the strong lemony taste, so next time I probably will only use half of the lemon juice and cut up only half of one lemon. This is a total keeper though, thank you for posting this!