Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From *Everyday Cooking*. Fast, easy, and delicious!
Make and share this Chicken With Artichokes and Angel Hair Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 chicken cutlets, thick, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, packed in water, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Place flour in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining oil as needed, until light golden, 1-3 minutes per side; transfer to a dish.
- Add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers, parsley, and the chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine, and bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter and cover to keep warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with pasta.
This is a really good chicken recipe. I make it often. The only change I make to it is I only use 1/2 cup chicken broth and add 1/2 white wine. Yummy!