Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really easy, sweet, savory dish. When I first made it I was surprised by the flavor of the sauce. I served it over rice with veggies on the side. I can definately see making a lot of the sauce and using it in a stir fry. Next time I make this, I might try a different flavor jam, just to see what happens. :) I originally found the recipe on WebMD, and they sourced it from The Art Institute of New York City.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (15 ounce) jar apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I used a gluten free soy sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (can use black, white, or both)
- 2 scallions, cleaned and sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. Put them in the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a saucepan, mix the apricot jam and soy sauce. Bring the mix to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. If you want a thicker sauce, let it simmer for longer.
- Pour the mix over the cooked chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with sliced scallions.