Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Braddock's Tavern, Medford, NJ, this is a really rich and elegant entree.
Make and share this Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon butter from skillet.
- Add apples and both brandies; simmer over medium heat until apples are tender and liquid is slightly syrupy, about 7 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer apples to platter with chicken.
- Add cream to skillet; boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken and apples to skillet and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on plates.
- Spoon apples and sauce over and serve.
Real nice flavor, chicken nice and moist. Followed the recipe as written without alteration. These apples would be great on vanilla ice creame.
this was delicious, rich, but really great flavor.