Recipe by Kannwilson
I make this with chicken breast because it is healthier and I don't like dark meat. Very good if you like almonds. Serve with a colorful side dish.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup blanched whole almond, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside the chicken.
- Pour remaining olive oil into the pan.
- Dissolve tomato paste in 1 cup of warm water and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil and add the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and crushed almonds.
- Return to a boil and add the chicken.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook uncovered 45- 50 minutes.
- Add water if sauce gets too thick.
- Turn chicken at least once.
- Arrange chicken on a platter and cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle whole almonds on top.