Recipe by 55tbird
From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Feb 2008. This is really easy and really delicious!!
Top Review by Chefmuffnette
I actually made this recipe from the Taste of home mag too since i saw it on here figured i would rate it anyway! its a VERY easy and comforting soup to make and a favorite in our house! love it! the only changes i do is I add extra spice to it like some sage and cilantro flakes, also I have to triple this recipe as the original is sooo not enough for us!!!
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 2⁄3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packageready to serve long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper