1/2 Photos of Chicken Wild Rice Chowder
From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Feb 2008. This is really easy and really delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package ready to serve long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter til tender.
- 2Stir in flour til blended; gradually add broth.
- 3Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or til thickened.
- 4Stir in chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wild Rice Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 859.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend