Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken in a white-wine garlic sauce. This recipe was taken from food network - Rachel's Tasty Travels, but I alter it & use boneless, skinless breasts instead of a whole chicken, so it is a little leaner. Also, you can add frozen (or fresh) peas to the dish right when it comes out of the oven.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 3 large idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean chicken, rinse with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 1/3-cup olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, carefully place chicken in pan using tongs. Brown well on all sides, remove chicken from pan. Pour off all but a few tablespoons of oil. Return chicken to skillet and place uncovered in preheated oven for 25 minutes, turning chicken once or twice.
- Heat 2 cups of canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- While chicken is cooking have potatoes peeled, wedged, rinsed and dry. Carefully add wedges into hot oil, about 4 at a time. Avoid crowding. Fry potatoes until golden and remove and let drain on paper towel and reserve for later.
- For the last 5 minutes of cooking for the chicken, add the cooked potatoes, garlic, oregano and wine to skillet, return to oven.
- Remove skillet from oven to stove top after the 5 minutes, add parsley and gently turn with a spoon.
- Remove chicken to a large platter, arrange potatoes atop the chicken and pour the pan juices over all.
This was very good. I used a couple extra potatoes and doubled the wine, oregano and garlic since I have a large family, it came out great. I will definitely making this again. Thanks for the tasty recipe!