At Brigtsen's in New Orleans, chef Frank Brigtsen makes a version of this dish with duck, accompanied by corn bread and pickled onions. Offer those sides as well as some green beans, then finish with pecan pie.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 6 minutes per side.
- Add orange juice and broth to skillet. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add mustard, honey and pepper sauce to skillet. Increase heat and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, whisking occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Simmer until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer chicken to plates; top with sauce and serve.
- Serves 2, can be doubled.