- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen bell peppers, stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag; add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Add pepper stir-fry and remaining ingredients; cover and cook 8 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 3 minutes or until thick; discard bay leaf.