Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Grilled chicken thigh topped with mash potato and baked. Served with bread and gravy. Serves 2
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cm fresh ginger, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter, melted
- 2 -3 pieces potatoes
- 3 pieces chicken thighs, chopped into 3 cm chunks
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Fry the chicken chunks with the olive oil till it browns.
- Remove chicken chunks.
- Fry the garlic, onions, peas, corn, carrots for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine to deglaze.
- Add chicken chunks and stock till it covers the chicken slightly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer till stock reduces.
- Once reduced, scoop the chicken chunks and vegetables into a baking dish just big enough, save some gravy.
- Boil the potatoes, mash it with some melted garlic butter.
- Spread the mash potato over the chicken evenly like you would for a cottage pie.
- Bake at 200°C for about 8 to 10 minutes till potato starts browning.
- Serve with any kind of bread.