Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From one of the Taste of Home magazines, slightly modified. The initial recipe made food for 8, but I scaled it in half for 2 of us and leftovers. I like to use a Scarborough fair array of spices on the chicken and bake it before continuing with the recipe. If you do that, make sure you bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 7 ounces chicken broth (half a can)
- 6 ounces nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk (half a can)
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces cooked spaghetti
- Combine crushed Ritz crackers with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt & pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in broth.
- Return to heat, bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in evaporated milk and remaining cheese.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, and peas.
- Combine pasta and chicken mixture and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.