Recipe by HeidiSue
My dear friend Lisa made this for us one night and I loved it. I also love how easy it is to make. I haven't made it with the pecans, but I am sure it would be good.
Top Review by jennifer.blake-somers
Made this for dinner last night and both my husband and I really liked it. I used 16 oz. of Four Cheese Alfredo sauce, didn't have any sherry or wine, so I used 2 T of brandy, used jalepeno stuffed olives for a little extra kick and added some black pepper. Looking forward to having the left-overs for dinner again tonight!
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into thirds
- 1 (10 ounce) container alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, drained & sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (dry or golden)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring medium-size pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add salt, if using, and stir in the vermicelli.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook the vermicelli, uncovered, until al dente (5-7 minutes).
- Reserve 1/2 a cup of water, then drain the vermicelli well in a coander.
- Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the alfredo sauce, mushroom soup, reserved cooking water, chicken, parmesean, olives and sherry and stir until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a 13x9 dish.
- Scatter the pecans over the top.
- Bake the casserole until it is bubbling throughout, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.