Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dear friend Lisa made this for us one night and I loved it. I also love how easy it is to make. I haven't made it with the pecans, but I am sure it would be good.
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into thirds
- 1 (10 ounce) container alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, drained & sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (dry or golden)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring medium-size pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add salt, if using, and stir in the vermicelli.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook the vermicelli, uncovered, until al dente (5-7 minutes).
- Reserve 1/2 a cup of water, then drain the vermicelli well in a coander.
- Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the alfredo sauce, mushroom soup, reserved cooking water, chicken, parmesean, olives and sherry and stir until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a 13x9 dish.
- Scatter the pecans over the top.
- Bake the casserole until it is bubbling throughout, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Made this for dinner last night and both my husband and I really liked it. I used 16 oz. of Four Cheese Alfredo sauce, didn't have any sherry or wine, so I used 2 T of brandy, used jalepeno stuffed olives for a little extra kick and added some black pepper. Looking forward to having the left-overs for dinner again tonight!
This was great for easy entertaining. I doubled it using 2 pkgs. of alfredo sauce and 1 can cream of roasted garlic mushroom and 1 cream of chicken.I served with peas and a Caesar salad. The olives and the pecans reminded me of a pimento cheese flavor - loved it! Thanks for posting, HeidiSue. Roxygirl
This was delicious. I can't believe how fast it was to prepare and how it disappeared even faster! The green olives were such a touch in this dish. I didn't have any pecans, but I bet the dish would have been great with them as well. I am embarrassed to say that 4 people ate nearly the whole pan. Thanks for sharing and thanks to your friend Lisa as well. Nick's Mom