Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe I was given.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut oil, for frying
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Mix the honey, mustard and tarragon ahead to blend flavors. Store in refrigerator overnight or longer.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 x 2 inch strips.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk then roll in flour to coat well. Shake off excess, then dip in milk and roll in flour again.
- Place chicken on waxed paper.
- Pour oil into a heavy pan, about 1/4 inch deep. Heat over medium high to 350 degrees.
- Fry chicken in batches turning once until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.