Cooking Light, March 2004. I have made a few subtle changes with the seasoning. This would be nice served with couscous, rice or perhaps even egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24.64 ml olive oil, divided
- 680.38 g chicken breast tenders
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.5 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 453.59 g can apricot halves in light syrup, undrained
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes.
- 2Place chicken and breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Add apricot halves and 1/2 cup reserved liquid to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4Wipe pan with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion powder and spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted.
- 5Serve spinach with chicken and apricots.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tenders With Apricots and Sauteed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 922.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 46.4 g