Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from Cooking Light Magazine. It is great. Even the kids like it. Nutritional Information Calories:354 (36% from fat) Fat:14.1g (sat 7.1g,mono 3.3g,poly 1.2g) Protein:18.9g Carbohydrate:36.3g Fiber:2.5g Cholesterol:58mg Iron:1.7mg Sodium:620mg Calcium:179mg
- 236.59 ml preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 78.07 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 418.15 g can cream-style corn
- 240.97 g box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- cooking spray
- 283.49 g can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles), stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
DELISH!!! I used Enchilada Sauce for the enchilada sauce and Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Copycat for the corn muffin mix. I also added about a cup of canned black beans to the chicken and mixed them with the enchilada sauce instead of just spreading it on top of the baked corn bread mixture. A definite keeper.
My suggestions, based on other reviews: -I used 1 egg instead of the substitute -Cook the cornbread mix until it starts to get golden brown on the top (longer than 15 minutes) -Next time, I'll use a rotisserie chicken (even better if they have a southwest flavored one) for ease and for better chicken flavor. It was REALLY tasty - my husband and I ate most of the casserole dish that night and all that was left was only enough for lunch the next day! I liked it with plenty of Cholula on top.
This was simple & yummy. Used regular canned corn instead of creamed, and it worked out fine. Thanks!