Wonderful quick meal. Originally found on the back of a Minute-Rice box. Can e served with warm tortillas, chips, salsa, chile con queso or sour cream.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Satue chicken in oil in a dutch oven or other large pot until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and Taco seasoning mix to pot, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and pepper, increase heat and return to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. Made this for lunch for my boys the other day and they really enjoyed it. It was an easy recipe to make with ingredients I had on hand. I did use canned corn instead of frozen as we aren't big fans of frozen corn. Very good.
man, was this easy and good! i used a can of diced tomatoes w/ jalapeÃ±os instead of tomato sauce and threw in a can of black beans. DELICIOUS!
Not as fast with brown rice but just as good. Used taco seasoning Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix. You could make brown rice ahead and freeze it and then it would be minute rice in the microwave.