1/3 Photos of Chicken Stock Using Carcass
4 hrs 10 mins
Peter J's Note:
A good way to make stock from a left-over chicken carcass if you've diced it up for other cuts but some meat is remaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken carcass in medium sized pot and just cover with water.
- 2Bring to boil and then simmer over a low-medium hear for one hour. You may need to keep adjusting the temperature from time to time as some liquid evaporates.
- 3Skim fat from the top of the broth.
- 4Add onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, bay leaf and celery seeds and continue to simmer for 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- 5Allow stock to cool uncovered.
- 6Strain into a storage container and either use immediately or freeze for later use.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stock Using Carcass
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: