1/3 Photos of Chicken Stock Using Carcass
4 hrs 10 mins
Peter J's Note:
A good way to make stock from a left-over chicken carcass if you've diced it up for other cuts but some meat is remaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken carcass in medium sized pot and just cover with water.
- 2Bring to boil and then simmer over a low-medium hear for one hour. You may need to keep adjusting the temperature from time to time as some liquid evaporates.
- 3Skim fat from the top of the broth.
- 4Add onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, bay leaf and celery seeds and continue to simmer for 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- 5Allow stock to cool uncovered.
- 6Strain into a storage container and either use immediately or freeze for later use.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stock Using Carcass
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: