Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken stir-fry with cashews and chili is a quick and easy recipe that bursts with flavour. A stir-fry is not so speedy if you have to chop up heaps of vegetables, so we've just gone for onions, chilies and peppers to give the chicken some real oomph.
- 7 ounces dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 ounces cashew nuts, roasted
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Place the egg noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Drain, run under cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or a wok until hot, then add the groundnut oil, onions, chilies and red pepper and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Add the nuts, Thai fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion mixture and noodles to the pan.
- Stir thoroughly and cook for 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring continually. Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.