Chicken stir-fry with cashews and chili is a quick and easy recipe that bursts with flavour. A stir-fry is not so speedy if you have to chop up heaps of vegetables, so we've just gone for onions, chilies and peppers to give the chicken some real oomph.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 ounces cashew nuts, roasted
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1Place the egg noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Drain, run under cold water and set aside.
- 2Heat a large frying pan or a wok until hot, then add the groundnut oil, onions, chilies and red pepper and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- 4Add the nuts, Thai fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion mixture and noodles to the pan.
- 5Stir thoroughly and cook for 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring continually. Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stir-Fry With Cashews and Chili
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 1452.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 34.3 g